Meet Our Team
Whether you’re facing criminal charges, risks to your children or assets in a family law case, or dealing with your driving record, you need an attorney who makes your problems her problems and takes them as seriously as you do. That’s why Indiana clients choose Indianapolis litigation lawyer Amie Martens. Amie combines keen legal skills and a dedication to protecting individual rights in Indiana to provide exceptional criminal defense, family law, and traffic defense counsel when you need it most.
Litigation Skills Honed in the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office
Born and raised in Indianapolis, Amie embodies the Hoosier work ethic. Amie learned the value of hard work and determination in her youth, carrying that ethic throughout her schooling and into the legal community. She began prosecuting criminal offenses as a certified legal intern with the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office while still in law school. After graduating from IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law, she joined the Indianapolis prosecutor’s office full-time as a deputy prosecutor.
Amie’s first job in the prosecutor’s office was prosecuting property crimes. The knowledge and skill she gained led to her becoming an almost weekly presenter to community members and leaders on property crime and cyber crime investigations. Following her success in Municipal and Community Prosecution Divisions of the prosecutor’s office, Amie moved on to handling major felonies, including charges of domestic violence, murder, robbery, aggravated battery, and operating a vehicle while a habitual traffic violator. Through significant hours in the courtroom—over 25 jury trials and many more bench trials—she honed litigation skills that she now wields in the protection of individual rights.
An Indianapolis Litigation Lawyer Fighting for Your Rights in Indiana
In 2015, Amie Martens joined Keffer Hirschauer LLP, where she continues to defend client rights in and out of the courtroom. With a practice centered on criminal defense, family law, and traffic law, Amie brings invaluable knowledge on the procedural and technical aspects of the investigation and filing of criminal charges, a thorough understanding of Indiana law and trial procedure, and a tenacious determination for protecting her clients. She now uses her prior close work training law enforcement officers on collection of evidence, giving testimony, and investigating and filing cases to find flaws and benefits for her clients as a misdemeanor and felony defense lawyer.
Whether you face major felony charges, a divorce or child-related matter, or problems with your driving record, you need counsel grounded in experience focused on your best interests. With so much at stake, call Indianapolis litigation lawyer Amie Martens at Keffer Hirschauer LLP. To schedule a consultation with Amie, call (317) 648-9560 or complete this online contact form.
Areas of Practice:
- 100% Litigation Practice
- Indiana Supreme Court, 2007
- US District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2008
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2016
- IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.S., 2004
- Dean’s List
- Graduated with Distinction
Presentations and Seminars:
- “Property Crimes” – Presenter – Indiana Prosecuting Attorneys Counsel, 2013
- “Use of Social Networking for Cyber-Crime Investigations” – Presenter – Indiana State Police, 2013
- “Why would a criminal choose you?” – Presenter – Marion County Prosecutor’s Office, 2012 to 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Indiana Bar Association, Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- Hamilton County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Worldwide Association of Female Professionals, Member
- Eskew Law Office, Of Counsel, 2014 to 2015
- Marion County Prosecutor’s Office, Major Felony Division, 2013 to 2014
- Marion County Prosecutor’s Office, Community Prosecution Division, 2011 to 2013
- Marion County Prosecutor’s Office, Major Felony Domestic Violence Division, 2009 to 2011
- Marion County Prosecutor’s Office, Misdemeanor and D Felony Division, 2007 to 2009