Kokomo Truck Accident Lawyer
Large commercial vehicles crisscross Indiana every day, bringing goods to Kokomo from other parts of the state and from around the country. When these trucks collide with other vehicles on the road, tragedy can result. At Keffer Hirschauer LLP, our Kokomo truck accident lawyers have deep experience making claims with trucking companies and their insurers. This is a complicated area of law, and you would do well to hire an experienced attorney to represent you.
Types of Truck AccidentsAccidents can happen anywhere, such as on the highway or on city streets as the truck is backing up or making a turn. Some of the more common accidents include:
- A tractor-trailer has two parts: the cab and the trailer, which are joined at a joint. The trailer can swing out at a 90-degree angle when the truck makes a sudden turn. The trailer then slams into vehicles in adjoining lanes.
- A smaller car can get wedged underneath the trailer when it is cut off.
- A truck that can’t stop in time can ride up over a smaller vehicle, possibly killing those in the back seat.
- Head-on collision. These accidents are almost always fatal as the smaller car suffers the brunt of the damage.
- Large trucks can roll onto their sides due to instability or improperly loaded cargo. The truck can land on other vehicles.
Truck Accidents & Catastrophic InjuriesTrucks like 18-wheelers weigh several tons, and they can generate tremendous force when going at full speed. Anyone riding in a four-door sedan can be crunched in a collision. Some of the more serious injuries our clients suffer include:
- Spinal cord damage, which can lead to paralysis
- Traumatic brain injury, resulting in impaired movement, speech, and cognition
- Crush injuries
- Organ damage, such as heart contusions, which can be fatal